LeRoy Neiman "The Fight- Chavez vs. Whitaker"
WBC 1983 Welterweight Championship
This Artwork is:
- Hand Signed (and plate signed) by the artist
- Offset Lithograph of Legendary Boxers Chave vs. Whitaker
- Custom Framed in a Black Frame
- Double matted in Blue/Off-White
- Printed & Framed in the USA
- Framed Size: 35" x 33"
- Image Size: 26" x 23"
- Ready to hang hardware included
- Interested in different framing? Contact us!
- Visit our store for more Neiman and sports art
The high profile welterweight title bout between Julio Cesar Chavez (87-0) and Pernell Whitaker (32-1) is regarded by many as one of the biggest robberies in boxing.
LeRoy Neiman (1927-2012)
Best known for his brilliant colored, stunningly energetic images of sporting events and leisure activities. LeRoy Neiman was probably the most popular living artist in the Unites States before his passing in 2012. His art is unique and immediately recognizable. America’s Most Popular Sports Artist, a chronicler of contemporary lifestyles, and a master of the action-subject. His works are held in the Baseball Hall of Fame, Football hall of Fame, The Art Institute of Chicago, The Portland Museum of Art, & The Hermitage Museum (Leningrad). His technique often started with his own impressionistic style and continues with a process style that looks very similar to the action paintings of the abstract expressionists.