Ted Ellis "Buffalo Soldier on Patrol"This Artwork is:
- Hand Signed
- Limited Edition Offset Lithograph (actual number may vary from picture provided)
- CUSTOM FRAMED in a gorgeous dark gray frame
- Double matted in gray and blue
- Framed Size: 39" x 31"
- Image Size: 29" x 21"
- Ready to hang hardware included
- Interested in different framing? Please Contact us!
- Buffalo Soldiers On Patrol is a limited edition art print by Ted Ellis illustrating three buffalo soldiers, on horseback led by a flag-bearer, rushing patrolling along a river.
- Civil War ArtABOUT THE ARTIST
TED ELLIS- (born 1963) is an American artist and former environmental chemist. Ellis is best known for his African-American themed art and styles which blend elements of folk art, naturalism and impressionism. His personal rendition of Barack Obama in acrylic, Obama, the 44th President, was presented in honor of the 2009 Presidential Inauguration.Ellis' art business has sold over 1.75 million fine art products, and he works with a number of prominent corporations. He is also known for his community work, especially advancing arts in children's education.
Buffalo Soldiers originally were members of the 10th Cavalry Regiment of the United States Army, formed on September 21, 1866, at Fort Leavenworth, Kansas. This nickname was given to the Black Cavalry by Native American tribes who fought in the Indian Wars.