Toulouse Lautrec's "La Charrette Anglais"The English Dog Cart(Original title: La Portie de Campagne from 1897)
This print is:
- Stone Signed Lithograph
- Limited Edition of 275 (Actual Number received may vary from picture shown)
- Publishers Seal adjacent to number
- Known in the post impressionist era: Art Nouvreau (modern) period
- CUSTOM FRAMED in a Great Silver Frame
- Double matted in light gray and dark gray
- Outside Frame: 33" x 28"
- Image Size: 20" x 24"
- Framed in the USA
- Interested in different framing? Contact us!
- cart, rider,
About the artist...
Henri Marie Raymond de Toulouse-Lautrec-Monfa (24 November 1864 – 9 September 1901), also known as Henri de Toulouse-Lautrec, was a French painter, printmaker, draughtsman, caricaturist, and illustrator whose immersion in the colourful and theatrical life of Paris in the late 19th century allowed him to produce a collection of enticing, elegant, and provocative images of the modern, sometimes decadent, affairs of those times. Toulouse-Lautrec is among the best-known painters of the Post-Impressionist period, with Cézanne, Van Gogh, and Gauguin. In a 2005 auction at Christie's auction house, La Blanchisseuse, his early painting of a young laundress, sold for US$22.4 million and set a new record for the artist for a price at auction.